- Времена группы Past (Simple, Continuous, Perfect). Упражнения на повторение. Тест.
- Времена группы Past (Simple, Continuous, Perfect, Perfect Continuous) — повторение. Past Tenses Revision
- Упражнения на прошедшие времена в английском языке Past Simple, Past Continuous и Past Perfect в сравнении
- Сравните употребление Past Simple, Past Continuous и Past Perfect
- Past Tenses 10-11 тест (11 класс) по теме
- Предварительный просмотр:
- Упражнения “Времена группы Past” (с ответами)
Времена группы Past (Simple, Continuous, Perfect). Упражнения на повторение. Тест.
Повторяем времена группы Past — Past Tenses, а именно Past Simple, Past Continuous, Past Perfect. Упражнения взяты из сборника упражнений Ю. Голицынский, частично изменены и дополнены. В конце раздела «Повторение» вам предлагается выполнить заключительный тест.
Времена группы Past (Simple, Continuous, Perfect, Perfect Continuous) — повторение. Past Tenses Revision
A. Сопоставьте время глагола Past Simple, Past Continuous, Past Perfect, Perfect Continuous и характер действия:
- действие происходило давно и не связано с настоящим
- действие, которое происходило в какой-то момент в прошлом (процесс)
- последовательность действий в прошлом
- действие, которое уже закончено к определенному моменту в прошлом
- действие, которое началось в прошлом и происходило на какой-то момент уже в течение некоторого времени
В. Подберите примеры:
- Дети занимались английским с 16.00 до 18.00.
- Она приготовила ужин к времени его прихода.
- Когда я пришел домой, дети ждали меня уже несколько часов.
- В детстве я любил играть в солдатики (tin soldires).
- Мы пошли на рыбалку, поймали много рыбы, затем приготовили уху и съели ее.
С. Переведите примеры.
Упражнения на прошедшие времена в английском языке Past Simple, Past Continuous и Past Perfect в сравнении
Упражнение вводное. Сопоставьте время глагола и временное выражение.
then, when? (вопрос), when he came, when (в значении after) he came, before he came, from 2 till 3, at 5 o`clock yesterday, by the time he came, yesterday, last night/ year, a week/month ago, in 1999, the other day, while, all day/ night/ morning, after, etc.
Past Simple: ___________________
Past Continuous: ____________________
Past Perfect: ___________________
Упражнение 1. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple или Past Perfect.
1. By two o’clock the teacher (to examine) all the students.
2. On my way to school I (to remember) that I (to leave) my report at home.
3. All my friends (to be) glad to hear that I (to pass) all the exams successfully.
4. Poor boy (to open) his eyes, (to look) around and (to try) to remember what (to happen) to him.
5. All the passengers (to see) at once that the old man (to travel) a lot in his life.
6. By the time we (to come) to see him, he (to leave) home.
7. During the holidays my friend (to visit) the village where he (to live) in his childhood.
8. When they (to enter) the hall, the performance already (to begin).
9. When I (to come) home, my mother (to go) shopping.
10. He (to study) French before he (to enter) the university.
Упражнение 2. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple или Past Perfect.
1. I (to think) he already (to go) home.
2. I (not to see) him after we (to meet )at the concert.
3. He (to leave) the house before I (to have ) time to ask him anything.
4. After he (to spend) some days in Paris he (to feel) lonely and (to want) to return home.
5. He (to speak) a language we never (to hear) before.
6. When the rain (to stop), I (to look ) out of the window.
7. The telegram (to come) some minutes after he (to leave).
8. She (to think) that Tom and Lanny (to quarrel).
9. The girl (to be) glad that she (to find) a seat near the window.
10. He (to remember) that he (not to ring) her up in the morning.
11. By the time the train (to reach) the city, he (to make) friends with many passengers.
12. When my uncle (to leave), he (to hurry) to the station to book a ticket.
Сравните употребление Past Simple, Past Continuous и Past Perfect
Упражнение 3. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple, Past Continuous и Past Perfect.
1. By eight o’clock yesterday I (to finish) my work and at eight I (to play) the piano.
2. By six o’clock father (to come) home and at six he (to have) dinner.
3. By nine o’clock yesterday grandmother (to wash) the dishes and at nine she (to watch) TV.
4. When I (to meet) Tom, he (to eat) an ice-cream which he (to buy) at the corner of the street.
5. When father (to come) home, we (to cook) the mushrooms which we (to gather) in the wood.
6. When I (to see) Ann, she (to look) at the flowers which she (to pick) in the field.
7. When I (to come) home yesterday, I (to see) that my little brother (to break) my pen and (to play) with its pieces.
8. When I (to open) the door of the classroom, I (to see) that the teacher already (to come) and a student (to write) a test.
9. When I (to come) home my sister (to read) a book which she (to bring) from the library.
10. When mother (to come) home, the children (to eat) the soup which she (to cook) in the morning.
11. When I (to ring) up Mike, he still (to learn) the poem which he (to begin) learning at school.
12. When I (to look) out of the window, the children (to play) with a ball which Pete (to bring) from home.
Упражнение 4. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple, Past Continuous u Past Perfect.
Last night we (to go) to a football match. We (to take) a bus. The bus (to be) overcrowded as many people (to want) to see the match. We (to get) off the bus and (to go) in the direction of the stadium. While we (to cross) the road, I (to see) Victor. He (to stand) at the corner. He said he (to wait) for his friend who (to come) to St. Petersburg the day before and (to wish) to see the new stadium. A man (to come) up to me and asked if I (to have) a spare ticket for the match. Victor told us that two boys just (to ask) him whether he (to have) a spare ticket. We (to enter) the stadium just as the football players (to come) out on to the field. At the entrance to the stadium we (to meet) Sergei. He (to show) us to our seats and (to ask) me if I (to play) football in my childhood. We (to agree) to meet in the snack bar during the interval.
Упражнение 5. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple, Past Continuous u Past Perfect.
1. There (to be) two men in the room. One of them (to write) something while the other (to read) a newspaper.
2. He (not to tell) me that he (to receive) a telegram from her.
3. She (to say) that he (to give) her the wrong address.
5. I (to ask) him where he (to put) my hat.
6. He (to tell) us that they (to spend) all the money.
7. I (to sit) in an armchair and (to think) of my coming trip across the North Sea when the door suddenly (to open) and an old friend of mine whom I (not to see) for a very long time (to enter) the room.
8. She (to come) to see us just at the time when we (to have) dinner. It (to be) the first time I (to see) her.
9. I (to see) him when he (to leave) the hotel.
10. He (to leave) the house before I (to have) time to ask him anything.
11. I (to find) the old man in the garden. He (to talk) to some children who (to stand) around listening to him.
12. He (to tell) me that he (to learn) it from the newspaper.
13. He (to enter) the room, (to take) something from the desk and (to go) out.
Past Tenses 10-11
тест (11 класс) по теме
тест на знание прошедших времен, умение употреблять их в речи + задание типа multiple choice
Test. Past Tenses.
- Choose the correct tense: Past Simple, Past Continuous, Past Perfect Continuous, Past Perfect.
- I (talk) over the phone when they brought me the letter.
a. talked b. had talked
c. had been talking d. was talking
- They (sit) in the room when the taxi arrived.
a. sat b. had sat
c. had been sitting d. were sitting
- He quickly forgot everything he (learn) at school.
a. learnt b. had learnt
c. had been learning d. was learning
- I visited Brazil in April. I (stay) at a nice hotel for a fortnight.
a. stayed b. had stayed
c. had been staying d. was staying
- I (stay) at the hotel for a fortnight when I received your letter.
a. stayed b. had stayed
c. had been staying d. was staying
6 The musician (play) the piano for a whole hour when we came in.
a. played b. had played
c. had been playing d. was playing
- We (walk) along a forest road for two hours when we saw a house.
a. walked b. had walked
c. had been walking d. were walking
- I hardly (finish) speaking with a porter when the phone rang again.
a . finished b. had hardly finished
c. had been finishing d. was finishing
- First I (answer) the phone, and then I read your letter.
a. answered b. had answered
c. had been answering d. was answering
- And I began writing to you instead of going to the seaside, as I (plan) before
a. planned b. had planned
c. had been planning d. was planning
Put the verbs into the correct form: the Past Perfect, Past Perfect Continuous, Past Simple, Past Continuous.
- The workers …… (to be) on a strike for three weeks when the agreement on pay ….(to be reached).
- When she got the results of her medical tests, she realized that she….. (to be feeling ) ill since she …….(to be) on holiday.
- The door was unlocked. She …..( to wonder ) who….. (to leave ) the door open.
- He (to play ) football when the ball (to hit ) his head.
- He….. (to drive ) to work for half an hour when suddenly his car….. (to break) down.
- When he arrived at the office he…. ( to discover ) that he ….(to leave ) all the necessary papers at home.
- Susan…. ( to type ) some letters when the boss…. ( to ask ) her into his office.
- She looked tired. She ….( to type ) letters all morning.
- Yesterday afternoon it…. (still to rain ) when I…. (to get ) home.
- He…. (to clean) the car when the phone rang, so he…. ( not to answer ) it.
- When I…. (to be ) little, my mother…. (to use ) to feed me.
- Jane’s clothes were wet. She…. ( to wash ) her dog.
- Jerry…. ( to be) nervous, for he…. (never to flow ) in an aeroplane before.
- I…. ( never to like ) going to the cinema on my own when I was a teenager.
- Kate…. ( to dance ), but when she saw a newcomer she…. ( to stop).
Упражнения “Времена группы Past” (с ответами)
1. Преобразуйте следующие утвердительные предложения в отрицательные.
- By 6 o’clock the rain had stopped.
- We were having tea at 5 o’clock.
- They had been staying at the hotel since May.
- I was flying to London that morning.
- I had known Mark all my life.
- The waiter entered the dark kitchen.
- We arrived yesterday evening.
- He was constantly missing the first class.
- I lived in the country last summer.
- Lara had been writing with my pen for a week.
2. Выберите верный вариант глагола и переведите предложения.
- She looked tired. She … (planted/was planting/had been planting) flowers all morning.
- I … (was playing/played/had played) volleyball when the ball hit my head.
- His clothes were smudgy because he … (finished/had finished/was finished) painting the walls.
- When I was five my parents … (were buying/bought/had been buying) a piano for me.
- Kim … (was dancing/danced/had danced) when her husband opened the door.
- He … (cut/was cutting/had been cutting) the grass for an hour when suddenly the lawn-mower broke down.
- First I … (had taken off/took off/was taking off) my coat, then I went to the bathroom.
- She forgot everything she … (had studied/was studying/studied) at a driving school.
3. Поставьте глагол в форму Past Simple, Past Continuous, Past Perfect или Past Perfect Continuous.
- Greg didn’t answer the phone because he … a shower.
- I couldn’t find my umbrella, but then I remembered that my sister … it to school.
- Frank … the candle and walked downstairs.
- We … the exam for 2 hours when a policeman entered the room.
- I saw Sam in the kitchen. He … his hands.
- They … their windows last spring.
- By the time I came home Jane … already the dishes.
- His wife … the mushrooms since the early morning, so he decided to help her.
- By midnight he … all the work.
- I … my homework when you phoned.
- Dad … that crossword since morning.
- She … her hair and left for work.
4. Видоизмените глагол в предложении, заменив выделенное выражение предложенными обстоятельствами времени. Напишите новые предложения в прошедшем времени и переведите их на русский язык.
- I painted his portrait on Monday. (by 9 o’clock, for 2 years, last year, at 6 o’clock yesterday)
- We were watering the plants when the teacher came in. (last Friday, by the time the teacher came in, at that time, for a long time)
- By 6 o’clock the rain hadn’t stopped. (К 6 часам дождь не перестал идти.)
- We were not having tea at 5 o’clock. (Мы не пили чай в 5 часов.)
- They hadn’t been staying at the hotel since May. (Они не жили в отеле с мая.)
- I wasn’t flying to London that morning. (Я не летел в Лондон в то утро.)
- I hadn’t known Mark all my life. (Я не знал Марка всю свою жизнь.)
- The waiter didn’t enter the dark kitchen. (Официант не вошел в темную кухню.)
- We didn’t arrive yesterday evening. (Мы не приехали вчера утром.)
- He wasn’t constantly missing the first class. (Он не пропускал постоянно первый урок.)
- I didn’t live in the country last summer. (Я не жил за городом прошлым летом.)
- Lara hadn’t been writing with my pen for a week. (Лара не писала моей ручкой в течение недели.)
- had been planting (Она выглядела уставшей. Она сажала цветы все утро.)
- was playing (Я играл в волейбол, когда мяч попал мне в голову.)
- had finished (Его одежда была запачкана, потому что он закончил красить стены.)
- bought (Когда мне было 5 лет, родители купили для меня фортепиано.)
- was dancing (Ким танцевала, когда ее муж открыл дверь.)
- had been cutting (Он занимался стрижкой травы целый час, когда неожиданно сломалась газонокосилка.)
- took off (Сначала я снял пальто, затем отправился в ванную.)
- had studied (Она забыла все, что учила в школе вождения.)
- was taking (Грег не ответил на звонок, потому что принимал душ.)
- had taken (Я не мог найти зонт, но потом вспомнил, что сестра забрала его с собой в школу.)
- took (Фрэнк взял свечу и спустился вниз.)
- had been taking (Мы сдавали экзамен два часа, когда в помещение вошел полицейский.)
- was washing (Я увидела Сэма на кухне. Он мыл руки.)
- washed (Они мыли окна прошлой весной.)
- had already washed (К тому времени, когда я пришел домой, Джейн уже помыла посуду.)
- had been washing (Его жена чистила грибы с раннего утра, поэтому он решил ей помочь.)
- had done (К полуночи он выполнил всю работу.)
- was doing (Я делал уроки, когда ты позвонил.)
- had been doing (Папа решал тот кроссворд с утра.)
- did (Она сделала прическу и ушла на работу.)
- I had painted his portrait by 9 o’clock. (Я написал его портрет к 9 часам.)
I had been painting his portrait for 2 years. (Я писал его портрет в течение двух лет.)
I painted his portrait last year. (Я написал его портрет в прошлом году.)
I was painting his portrait at 6 o’clock yesterday. (Я писал его портрет вчера в 6 часов.)
- We watered the plants last Friday. (Мы полили цветы в прошлую пятницу.)
We had watered the plants by the time the teacher came in. (Мы полили цветы к тому времени, когда пришел учитель.)
We were watering the plants at that time. (Мы поливали цветы в то время.)
We had been watering the plants for a long time. (Мы долго поливали цветы.)