- Материал для тренировки и контроля усвоения грамматического материала по теме “Infinitive Vs Gerund ” методическая разработка по английскому языку (10 класс) по теме
- Предварительный просмотр:
- Предварительный просмотр:
- Предварительный просмотр:
- Infinitive or gerund. Упражнения с ответами
- Infinitive or gerund exercises.
Материал для тренировки и контроля усвоения грамматического материала по теме “Infinitive Vs Gerund ”
методическая разработка по английскому языку (10 класс) по теме
Материал рассчитан на учащихся 10-11 классов
Infinitive Vs Gerund
1. Выберите из скобок герундий или инфинитив.
- I am planning … (to visit/visiting) my granny next week. (Я планирую навестить бабулю на следующей неделе.)
- When they finish … (to eat/eating) their lunch, they’ll go to the office. (Когда они закончат обедать, они отправятся в офис.)
- He suggested … (to buy/buying) some food. (Он предложил купить немного продуктов.)
- Does Sally enjoy … (to go/going) to the gym? (Сэлли нравится ходить в тренажерный зал?)
- Don’t put off … (to write/writing) a report till the end of the month. (Не откладывай написание доклада до конца месяца.)
- John refused … (to answer/answering) my question. (Джон отказался отвечать на мой вопрос.)
- My brother intends … (to get/getting) married soon. (Мой брат намеревается скоро жениться.)
- I think she didn’t mean … (to hurt/hurting) you. (Думаю, она не хотела обидеть тебя.)
- Keep … (to beat/beating) the eggs. (Продолжай взбивать яйца.)
- Fred can’t afford … (to travel/travelling) this year. (Фред не может себе позволить в этом году путешествовать.)
- We expect … (to leave/leaving) tomorrow. (Мы собираемся уехать завтра.)
- Mary decided … (to fly/flying) to Venice. (Мэри решила полететь в Венецию.)
- The sportsmen hope … (to get/getting) the best results. (Спортсмены надеются добиться лучших результатов.)
- Are you going to give up … (to smoke/smoking)? (Ты собираешься бросать курить?)
- They don’t want … (to have/having) any more children. (Они больше не хотят иметь детей.)
- I don’t mind … (to wash up/washing up). (Я не против того, чтобы помыть посуду.)
- Girls, stop … (to giggle/giggling). (Девочки, перестаньте хихикать.)
- Ben likes … (to play/playing) chess. (Бен любит играть в шахматы.)
- Lara goes … (to dance/dancing) every weekend. (Лара ходит на танцы каждые выходные.)
- Harry can’t stand … (to work/working) on Saturdays. (Гарри не выносит работы по субботам.)
2. Выберите инфинитив с частицей to или без нее.
- We can … (speak/to speak) Spanish. ( Мы умеем говорить по-испански.)
- He often makes me … (feel/to feel) guilty. (Он часто заставляет меня чувствовать виноватой.)
- You have … (be/to be) friendly and polite. (Ты должен быть дружелюбным и вежливым.)
- She must … (stay/to stay). (Она обязана остаться.)
- The lawyer will … (call/to call) you later. (Юрист позвонит вам позже.)
- I’d like … (send/to send) him a present. (Я бы хотела послать ему подарок.)
- You’d better … (move/to move) faster. (Тебе лучше двигаться быстрее.)
- We heard somebody … (enter/to enter) the apartment. (Мы слышали, как кто-то вошел в квартиру.)
- Mother wants … (paint/to paint) the walls in the kitchen. (Мама хочет покрасить стены на кухне.)
- We decided … (sell/to sell) the car. (Мы решили продать машину.)
- He always fails … (keep/to keep) his word. (Он всегда не сдерживает слово.)
- I am trying … (lift/to lift) this heavy stone. (Я пытаюсь поднять этот тяжелый камень.)
- Let me … (give/to give) you some advice. (Позволь мне дать тебе совет.)
- It may … (cost/to cost) too much. (Это может стоить слишком много.)
- She saw him … (cross/to cross) the street. (Она видела, как он переходит улицу.)
3. Составьте предложения, выбрав начало из первого столбца и окончание – из второго.
- She is interested a) drinking alcohol.
- I would like b) to seeing my daughter.
- You should give up c) being ill.
- We really enjoy d) laughing at her.
- I’m looking forward e) to living in a dirty house.
- He is used f) talking to drunk people.
- She pretended g) swimming in the sea.
- Pamela is good h) to have a cup of coffee.
- I couldn’t help i) in surfing the Internet.
- She avoids j) at riding a horse.
- to visit
- to answer
- to get
- to hurt
- to travel
- to leave
- to fly
- to get
- to have
- washing up
1 – i (Ее интересует проведение времени в интернете.)
2 – h (Я бы хотел выпить чашку кофе.)
3 – a (Тебе нужно бросить употреблять алкоголь.)
4 – g (Нам очень нравится плавать в море.)
5 – b (С нетерпением жду встречи с дочкой.)
6 – e (Он привык жить в грязном доме.)
7 – c (Она притворилась больной.)
8 – j (У Памелы есть способности к езде верхом на лошади.)
9 – d (Я не мог не смеяться над ней.)
10 – f (Она избегает разговоров с пьяными.)
Infinitive Vs Gerund
Раскройте скобки, употребив слова в правильной форме. Вставь глагол в нужной форме — инфинитив или герундий.
1) I can’t imagine her (drive) a car.
2) He agreed (buy) his son a new CD player.
3) I enjoy (drive) at night.
4) The man asked me (open) the door.
5) I look forward to (see) you at the weekend.
6) Are you thinking of (visit) New York?
7) We decided (stay) in that beautiful town.
The teacher expected Michael (study) hard.
9) He doesn’t mind (work) the night shift.
10) I learned (ride) a bike at the age of 6.
11) The girl go on (read) the book.
1. A: You lent me some money a few months ago.
B: Did I? That’s strange. I don’t remember _________ (lend) you any money.
2. We tried __________ (put) the fire out but we were unsuccessful. We had to call the fire-brigade.
3. When you see Tom, remember _____________ (give) him my regards, won’t you?
4. What do you intend ___________ (do) about this problem?
5. Someone must have taken my bag. I clearly remember ___________ (leave) it by the window and now it has gone.
6. When she saw what had happened, she began ____________ (laugh) loudly.
7. Sue needed some money. She tried ___________ (ask) Gerry but he couldn’t help her.
8. He tried _________________ (reach) the shelf but he wasn’t tall enough.
9. “Did you remember _____________ (phone) Ann?” “Oh no, I completely forgot.”
10. I asked them to quiet but they continued __________ (make) a lot of noise.
Раскройте скобки и поставьте глагол в форму инфинитива или герундия.
1. I’ll never forget …………………….. (sail) down the Volga on that lovely summer day.
2. I am so sorry; I forgot …………………….. (let) you know.
3. Don’t forget …………………….. (remind) them about the party.
4. I remember …………………….. (see) you somewhere.
5. Did you remember …………………….. (water) the plants today?
6. We regret …………………….. (tell) you that you have failed this exam.
7. He regrets …………………….. (make) that mistake; now he doesn’t have money.
8. After learning Spanish, she went on …………………….. (make) dinner.
9. They went on …………………….. (discuss) this question for hours.
10. I’m sorry …………………….. (interrupt), but can I ask you something?
11. Bob was sorry for …………………….. (shout) at his little sister.
12. He stopped …………………….. (smoke) when he realized how dangerous it was.
13. Amanda stopped …………………….. (have) a quick snack and then continued translating the article.
14. You should try …………………….. (exercise), you may feel better.
15. They tried …………………….. (lift) that tree trunk, but it was too heavy for them.
16. Being a doctor means …………………….. (help) people.
17. I am sorry; I didn’t mean …………………….. (hurt) you.
- I’ll never forget sailing down the Volga on that lovely summer day.
- I am so sorry; I forgot to let you know.
- Don’t forget to remind them about the party.
- I remember seeing you somewhere.
- Did you remember to water the plants today?
- We regret to tell you that you have failed this exam.
- He regrets making that mistake; now he doesn’t have money.
- After learning Spanish, she went on to make dinner.
- They went on discussing this question for hours.
- I’m sorry to interrupt , but can I ask you something?
- Bob was sorry for shouting at his little sister.
- He stopped smoking when he realised how dangerous it was.
- Amanda stopped to have a quick snack and then continued translating the article.
- You should try exercising , you may feel better.
- They tried to lift that tree trunk, but it was too heavy for them.
- Being a doctor means helping people.
- I am sorry; I didn’t mean to hurt you.
1. A: You lent me some money a few months ago.
B:Did I? That’s strange. I don’t remember lending you any money.
2. We tried to put the fire out but we were unsuccessful. We had to call the fire-brigade.
3. When you see Tom, remember to give him my regards, won’t you?
4. What do you intend to do/doing about this problem?
5. Someone must have taken my bag. I clearly remember leaving it by the window and now it has gone.
6. When she saw what had happened, she began to laugh/laughing loudly.
7. Sue needed some money. She tried asking Gerry but he couldn’t help her.
8. He tried to reach the shelf but he wasn’t tall enough.
9. “Did you remember to phone Ann?” “Oh no, I completely forgot.”
10. I asked them to be quiet but they continued to make/making a lot of noise.
Infinitive / V-ing form
1. Put “to” where necessary.
1. I think you ought … apologize.
2. Make him … speak louder.
3. Help me … carry this bag.
4. My son asked me … let him … go to the theatre.
5. I must … go to the country.
6. It cannot … be done to-day.
7. She asked me … read the letter carefully and … write an answer.
8. The man told me not … walk on the grass.
9. Let me … help you with your work.
10. She ought … take care of her health.
11. We had better … stop to rest a little.
12. I don’t know what … do.
13. He was seen … leave the house.
14. We have come … ask whether there is anything we can … do.
15. We heard the siren … sound and saw the ship … move.
16. I cannot … go there now, I have some work … do.
17. During the crossing the passengers felt the ship … toss.
18. You must make him … practice an hour a day.
19. He is not sure that it can … be done, but he is willing … try.
20. I looked for the book everywhere but could not … find it.
21. He said that she might … come in the evening.
22. She was made … repeat the song.
23. Would you rather … learn shorthand than typewriting?
2. Make infinitives (add “to”) or gerunds (add “-ing”) of the verbs in brackets to make the following sentences grammatically correct.
1. When I’m tired, I enjoy . television. It’s relaxing. (watch)
2. It was a nice day, so we decided . for a walk. (go)
3. It’s a nice day. Does anyone fancy . for a walk? (go)
4. I’m not in a hurry. I don’t mind . (wait)
5. They don’t have much money. They can’t afford . out very often. (go)
6. I wish that dog would stop . It’s driving me mad. (bark)
7. Our neighbour threatened . the police if we didn’t stop the noise. (call)
8. We were hungry, so I suggested . dinner early. (have)
9. Hurry up! I don’t want to risk . the train. (miss)
10. I’m still looking for a job but I hope . something soon. (find)
3. Complete the following sentences with infinitives (add “to”) or gerunds (add “-ing”) of the verbs below to make them grammatically correct.
1. He tried to avoid . my question.
2. Could you please stop . so much noise?
3. I enjoy . to music.
4. I considered . for the job but in the end I decided against it.
5. Have you finished . your hair yet?
6. If you walk into the road without looking, you risk . knocked down.
7. Jim is 65 but he isn’t going to retire yet. He wants to carry on .
8. I don’t mind you . the phone as long as you pay for all your calls.
9. Hello! Fancy . you here! What a surprise!
10. I’ve put off . the letter so many times. I really must do it today.
11. What a stupid thing to do! Can you imagine anybody . so stupid?
12. Sarah gave up . to find a job in this country and decided to go abroad.
4. Make infinitives (with or without “to”) or gerunds (add “-ing”) of the verbs in brackets to make the following sentences grammatically correct.
Infinitive or gerund. Упражнения с ответами
Упражнения Infinitive or gerund помогут Вам закрепить знания по теме и более не ошибаться в случаях, когда нужно использовать to-infinitive, bare infinitive (без частички to) или ing-form (инговую форму глагола). Упражнения на герундий и инфинитив предлагаются с ответами для самоконтроля. Надеюсь, Вам понравиться. Если у Вас возникнут вопросы – не стесняйтесь и задавайте их в комментариях. Я отвечу на все вопросы, как только появлюсь на сайте :). Вы также можете вспомнить правила употребления инфинитива и герундия, а также случаи когда инфинитив употребляется с частицей to и без нее.
Кстати, если Вы не уверены в том, что можете правильно добавить окончание –ing к глаголу – прочтите статью Ing-form. Participle I: как образовать правильно?
Infinitive or gerund exercises.
Упражнение 1. Complete the sentences with the expression get a good job. Use the Infinitive or the -ing form of the verb get.
- I want _________________________.
- I suggest _________________________.
- I decided _________________________.
- I recommend _________________________.
- I hope _________________________.
- I feel like _________________________.
- I managed _________________________.
- I am trying _________________________.
- I would appreciate _________________________.
- I will not refuse _________________________.
- I agree _________________________.
- I have denied _________________________.
Упражнение 2. Tick the correct item.
1 Greg enjoys … in the rain.
□ walk □ walking □ to walk
- I’d like … Molly an e-mail now.
□ send □sending □ to send
□ do □ doing □ to do
- The cold coach watched his team … football.
□ play □ playing □ to play
- I prefer … detective stories.
□ read □ reading □ to read
- Would you like something …?
□ drink □ drinking □ to drink
Упражнение 3. Use Infinitive or -ing form.
- It was quite late when they saw Martin … (come) up the other side of the street. They saw him … (pause) in front of his house, … (look) up at it and … (knock) at the door.
- My parents let me (stay) at Molly’s house last weekend. They agreed … (take) me to his place in the car and they made me (promise) to behave myself.
- Mel hates (answer) the phone. And very often Mel just lets it … (ring).
- At first Jenny enjoyed … (listen) to Steven but after a while she got tired of … (hear) the same story.
- Polly can’t (go) to the cinema today. She’s busy … (study) for her exam, which is next week, but she’s decided … (take) a break and … (phone) Megan.
- I tried … (listen) carefully and in order (not/show) how I was embarrassed, I did my best … (keep) the conversation … (go) on one topic and another.
Упражнение 4. Прочитайте предложения. Выберите один из предложенных вариантов ответа.
- Peace activist Baroness Bertha von Suttner encouraged Alfred Nobel . a prize for peace. (establish / to establish / establishing / to be established)
- The police officer made Neil get out of the car and demanded … his driver’s licence.(see / seeing / to see / to be seen)
- In the time of Peter the Great the noblemen were not allowed … beards. (have / to have / having / having had)
- They wouldn’t let . the country without the entry visa, would they? (him to enter / he enters / him enter / him entering)
- Fred couldn’t make … that he had caught the huge fish himself. (I believed/ me believe / me believed / me to believe)
- Nick was very close to the phone-box and Mary noticed him … the number, and then she heard him . something to passer-by. (to dial, to say / dialing, to say / to dial, say / dial, say)
- Nick was seen . the hall and then Jane watched him . (enter, go away / be entered, to go away / enter, go away / to have entered, to be gone away)
- It’s too late now, but I will always regret . John to do the work. (to ask / asking / ask / to be asked)
- My friend Moira stopped . whole milk because she is on a diet. (to buy / buying / buy / to be bought)
- They were allowed. discussing the plans, so their partner introduced himself and went on to talk about the project. (to continue / continuing / continue / to be continued)
Упражнение 5 Put one of the given verbs in the correct form – infinitive or gerund:
to see, to lock, to explain, to go, to show, to play, to listen, to do, to write, to earn, to discuss, to drive, to look, to speak, to understand, to do, to stay, to work, to spend
- I wish . the manager.— It’s no use . to him.
- Don’t forget . the door before . to bed.
- My mother told me not . to anyone about it.
- He tried . but she didn’t want .
- Would you mind . me how the lift works?
- I’m beginning . what you mean.
- The boys like . tennis but not . this in bad weather.
- Try . this correctly.
- He likes . in his cabinet.
- I prefer . my car myself.
- I advise you . at my place and . for a new flat.
- Let’s . this tomorrow, I’m tired now.
- Most people prefer . money. Some don’t want . them.
Упражнение 6. Complete the sentences using either the Infinitive or Gerund. Insert prepositions if necessary. Раскройте скобки, употребив герундий или инфинитив (с или без частицы to). Если нужно, вставьте предлог
- He used . (think) that life ended at 40, but now when he’s 41, he knows it’s not true.
- . (make) such a terrible noise!
- It’s five in the morning. I’m not used . (get) up this early,
- It’s impossible. (cut) with this knife. It’s blunt.
- My father enjoys . (listen) to jazz music.
- I’m sorry. (hear) that your mother isn’t well.
- Harry looked so funny that I couldn’t help . (laugh).
- I couldn’t help them . (find) what they were looking for as I was in too much of a hurry.
- I’d like. (cook) something special when guests come.
- What do you feel like. (do) tonight?
- My dad promised . (buy) me a bike if I passed my exams well.
- I hate. (wait) in queues. It really annoys me.
- I looked forward . (see) you again soon.
- It’s difficult . (concentrate) when there’s loud playing on the radio.
- We stopped for a while . (admire) the scenery.
- He can’t afford . (hire) a taxi every day.
- Is it worth . (run) such an awful risk?
- Would you mind . (fetch) another chair?
- I offered . (pay) for the meal, but she refused.
- I’m sorry. (disturb) you, but could you tell me the time?
- My younger sister can’t stop. (eat) sweets.
- He dislikes. (spend) money on car repairs.
- I remember. (go) to Venice as a child.
- . (call) Mike
- I suggested . (call) a taxi so we wouldn’t be late.
- I can’t stand . (wait) in queues.
- There used to . (be) a cinema in our village but it closed down three years ago.
- He is Spanish so he’s used . (drive) on the right.
- Did you remember . (send) your sister a card? It’s her birthday today.
- Have you tried . (read) a book to help you to sleep?
- Nowadays I’m used. (go) to bed early.
- He’ll never forget . (see) the Grand Canyon for the first time.
- He offered . (drive) me to the airport.
- I’ll stop . (lend) you money if you waste it on cigarettes.
- Maya stopped . (tie) her shoelace.
- John suggested . (go) together in one car.
- Will you stop . (make) so much noise, boys?
- It’s difficult to get used . (sleep) in a tent after having a soft, comfortable bed to lie on.
- Linda offered . (look after) my cat while I was out of town.
- Could you please stop. (whistle)! I’m trying . (concentrate) on my work.
Переходим к ответам на упражнения по герундию и инфинитиву.
To get a good job – 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11
Getting a good job – 2, 4, 6, 9, 12
1 walking; 2 to send, 3 to do; 4 playing; 5 reading; 6 to drink
- come, pause, look, knock 2. stay, to take, promise 3. answering, ring 4. listening, hearing 5, go, studying, to take, to phone 6 to listen, not to show, to keep, going.
1 to establish, 2 to see, 3 to have, 4 him enter, 5 me believe, 6 dial, say, 7 enter, 8 go away, 9 asking, 10 to continue
1 to see / writing , 2 to lock / going, 3 to speak / to listen, 4 to explain / to listen, 5 showing, 6 to understand, 7 to play (playing) / to do 8 to do, 9 to work или working , 10 to drive или driving 11 to stay / to look 12 discuss 13 to earn (earning) / to spend или to spend (spending) / to earn.
1 to think, 2 making, 3 to getting, 4 to cut, 5 listening, 6 to hear, 7 laughing, 8 find, 9 to cook, 10 doing, 11 to buy, 12 waiting, 13 to seeing, 14 to concentrate, 15 to admire, 16 to hire, 17 running, 18 fetching, 19 to pay, 20 to disturb, 21 eating, 22 spending, 23 going, 24 to call, 25 calling, 26 waiting, 27 be, 28 to driving, 29 to send, 30 reading, 31 to going, 32 seeing, 33 to drive, 34 lending, 35 to tie, 36 going, 37 making, 38 to sleeping, 39 to look after, 40 whistling / to concentrate
Надеюсь, вам понравились эти упражнения на герундий и инфинитив
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!
11 Комментариев для “Infinitive or gerund. Упражнения с ответами”
Ing-form. Participle I: как образовать правильно?
Read more at:ссылочки нет для перехода, но я нашла )) по поисковику, а было бы удjбнее сразу. Спасибо за Ваш ресурс!