- Present Simple Passive. Exercises. Упражнения на страдательный залог
- Easy exercises on Present Simple Passive.
- Exercises on Present Simple Passive.
- Level : Pre-Intermediate.
- Exercises on Present Simple Passive. Level – Intermediate.
- Об английском с любовью
- Тренировочные упражнения. Passive Voice. Средний уровень. Intermediate. Часть вторая.
Present Simple Passive. Exercises. Упражнения на страдательный залог
Упражнения на тему Present Simple Passive предлагаются с ответами (with answers) и идут от простых к более сложным. На сайте планируется большое количество упражнений на тему Passive Voice с ответами. Смотрите полезные ссылки внизу страницы.
Easy exercises on Present Simple Passive.
Упражнение 1 . Fill in the verb is or are.
- Grammar rules . always learnt by heart.
- Rare animals . protected in many countries.
- This scarf . made by my granny.
- Animals in the reserve . fed two times a day.
- The same shirts . worn by all the members of our team.
- New Belarussian books . shown in our library
- Many Belarussian towns . described in this book.
- Dinner . always cooked by my mother.
- This place . crowded on Sunday.
- Our village . surrounded with a forest.
Упражнение 2. Write true sentences in Passive Voice. Use the words in table.
sent via satellite.
played in England.
sold in music shops.
made in Germany.
used to access the Internet.
invited to the concert
brought in the morning
cooked by my mother
painted by my friend
cleaned every day
given text-books at school
written in English
not allowed to ride a motor-bike.
grown in many countries.
Упражнение 3 . Choose the correct form of the verb in brackets to complete the sentences.
- I . (like / am liked) this place.
- What books by Charles Dickens . (translated / are translated) into Belarussian?
- Who . (protects / is protected) animals?
- This city . (is visited / visited) by many people.
- Who . (gives / is given) bad marks in your class?
- Our house . (made /is made) of wood.
- Our holiday . (is begun / begins) next week.
- Pupils . (are given / give) textbooks by the teacher.
- The holiday . (celebrated / is celebrated) every year.
Exercises on Present Simple Passive.
Level : Pre-Intermediate.
Упражнение 4 . Fill in the gaps using the Present Simple Passive Voice form of the verb in brackets.
Mushroom and Ham Salad
First, 5 mushrooms … (1 – cut) into small pieces and …(2 — mix) with two cut spring onions. Then, 100 g cooked ham …(3— cut) into fine cubes. Now, mushrooms, onions and ham … (4 — mix) in a bowl. Finally, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice … (5 — mix) with 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and the mixture… (6 — add) to the salad mixture. Enjoy your salad!
The news reporter and a camera operator _______ (1 – send) to investigate a news story. People_____ (2 – interview) by a reporter and the interviews ______ (3 – film) by a camera operator. The film ____ (4 – take) back to the TV studio, and the best parts of the film _______ (5 – choose) by the news editor. Finally, the news report ______ (6 – send) to televisions in people’s homes and the news _____ (7 – watch) by people all over the country.
My motherland is the Republic of Belarus. My country (1 – situate) in the centre of Europe. It (2 – make up) of six regions: Brest, Vitebsk, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk and Mogilev. Belarus (3 – not wash) by any seas or oceans, so it (4 – not separate) from other countries by seas and oceans. Belarus (5 – border) by five countries.
Belarus is mostly flat (плоская). Some uplands can (6 – find) near Minsk and in some districts of Mogilev and Grodno regions. Most of Belarus (7 – cover) by forests. It is a beautiful country with a lot of lakes.
Упражнение 5. Put the passive sentences in order.
- in a lot of schools / are / used / Computers
- of plastic / made / are / CDs
- seen / The information / on a screen/can be
- are / very quickly / The answers / calculated
- played / The game / is / on a computer
- with a modem / are / sent / E-mails
- is / on a disk / Information / stored
- sent / Text messages / are / using mobile phones
- to get information / used / is / The Internet
Упражнение 6. Respond to the situations with a negative sentence using the words and word combinations in brackets.
Cars are made at this factory, (bicycles)
— But bicycles are not made at this factory.
- Bread is sold in this shop, (milk)
- Our house is built of wood, (their house)
- My books are kept on the shelf. exercise-books )
- My younger sister is usually given fruit and milk for supper, (my elder brother)
- Apples are grown in Belarus, (oranges)
- Glass is made of sand, (paper)
- My dresses are made by my mother, (jackets)
- Films are watched by many people, (sports programmes)
- This apple-tree is planted by me. (that cherry-tree)
- All the words are always learnt by the pupils. (rules)
Упражнение 7. Answer the questions in Simple Present Passive.
Is football played in the yard?
— Yes, it is. It’s sometimes played in the yard.
— No, it isn’t. It’s usually played in the field.
Is it played by boys or by girls?
— It’s played by boys as a rule.
- Are you always given good marks?
- Is your friend also given good marks?
- Is your homework always done in time?
- Are you often given money by your parents?
- Is chess played by two or three people?
- Are you often punished at home?
- Are trees planted in summer or in autumn?
- Are you shown pictures at your English lessons?
- Are your exercise-books collected at the beginning or at the end of the lesson?
Упражнение 8. Ask for more information about the sentences using the words in brackets.
The children are left after the lessons.(why,how often)
— Why are the children left after the lessons?
—How often are the children left after the lessons?
- The game is won by our school team, (what game)
- The map is brought from England, (when)
- My books are not kept on the shelf, (why)
- School meetings are held every month, (where)
- The glass is filled with something, (what)
- Hockey is usually played by boys, (when)
- Oranges are not grown in Belarus, (why)
- The dinner is not yet served, (why)
- New rules are explained at the lesson, (by whom)
Exercises on Present Simple Passive. Level – Intermediate.
Упражнение 9. Answer the questions using the words in brackets.
- Do many tourists come to Britain? (is visited )
- Where is the ‘garden of England? (is situated)
- Does it snow in the mountains of Wales? (are covered with)
- What language do people in Scotland speak? (is spoken)
- Are there many seas around the country? (is surrounded by / is washed by)
- Do they make world-famous crafts and clothes in Scotland? (are made)
- Do many people know about the beautiful mountains and lakes of Wales? (are known all over the world)
- Why is the green colour a symbol of Northern Ireland? (is covered)
Упражнение 10. Make up questions in Simple Present Passive.
Об английском с любовью
Тренировочные упражнения. Passive Voice. Средний уровень. Intermediate. Часть вторая.
В английском языке есть глаголы с двойным управлением, то есть, такие глаголы, которые могут иметь два дополнения в действительном (активном ) залоге: прямое и косвенное дополнения. Прямое дополнение отвечает на вопрос КОГО-ЧТО? а косвенное дополнение отвечает отвечает на вопрос КОМУ? А это значит, что и пассивных конструкций может быть тоже две. Чаще всего употребляется пассивная конструкция с косвенным дополнением в роли подлежащего.
Преобразуйте следующие предложения в страдательный ( пассивный) залог. Подлежащим в пассивной конструкции является косвенное дополнение.
1. They showed her the shortest way to the station.
2. Someone gave my little brother a ticket, too.
3. They have allowed each boy a second plate of ice-cream.
4. My mother is teaching me English.
5. They sent him a lot of information .
6. Someone has lent them ten thousand dollars recently.
7. They promised her some interesting work.
8. They pay the workers twice a month.
9. People will show the visitors an ancient castle.
10. Someone granted them a loan last year.
11. Someone taught him English and gave him a dictionary.
12. We asked the lecturer a few questions about Shakespeare.
13 Tom has just told me an interesting story.
14. My friend lent me this book last Sunday.
15. When we first met, they had already offered me a job at the bank.
16. The postman delivers us newspapers and journals every day about eight o’clock in the morning.
17. Someone will read you another chapter next time.
18. They told us to come here by five o’clock.
19. They have brought the children a basket of fruit.
20. We sent her brother a letter last week.
21. They told the new students where to sit.
22. Someone gave her a box of chocolates for her birthday.
23. Somebody promised me a bicycle.
24. They told me the truth about the situation.
25. They will pay him for his work tomorrow.
26. We told the newcomers to stand.
27. They still deny women the right to vote in some countries.
28. Someone asked the student a very difficult question.
29. They told the visitors to wait outside.
30. They asked the rest of us to be there at eight o’ clock.
31. Someone bought Ann a new dress.
32. Someone has returned him the book he borrowed last week.
33. They sent his mother telegram an hour ago.
34. Someone offered her to take part in the competition.
35. They promised my little son a new ball.
36. We will send you your examination results in a week.
37. They have asked a little girl her name.
38. We allowed the children to go to the cinema.
39. They are showing us some pictures from the collection of the museum.
40. We have given our friend a lot of interesting books for his birthday.
Я поставлю предложения в пассивный залог и переведу их на русский язык, чтобы вы могли себя проверить.
1. She was shown the shortest way to the station. = Ей показали самый короткий путь на станцию.
2. My little brother was given a ticket, too. = Моему маленькому брату тоже дали билет.
3. Each boy has been allowed a second plate of ice-cream. = Каждому мальчику разрешили взять еще по одной порции мороженого.
4. I am being taught English by my mother. = Меня учит английскому моя мама.
5. He was sent a lot of information. = Ему было послано много информации.
6. They have been lent ten thousand dollars recently. = Недавно им заняли десять тысяч долларов.
7. She was promised some interesing work. = Ей пообещали интересную работу.
8. The workers are paid twice a month. = Рабочим платят дважды в месяц.
9. The visitirs will be shown an ancient castle. = Посетителям покажут древнюю крепость.
10. They were granted a loan last year. = В прошлом году им был предоставлен заем.
11. He was taught English and given a dictionary. = Его учили английскому языку и подарили словарь.
12. The lecturer was asked a few questions about Shakespeare. = Лектору было задано несколько вопросов о Шекспире.
13. I have been told an interestinf story by Tom. = Мне была рассказана Томом интересная история.
14. I was lent this book by my friend last Sunday. = Мне одолжил эту книгу прошлое воскресенье мой друг.
15. When we first met, I had been offered a job at the bank. = Когда мы впервые встретились, мне уже предложили работу в банке.
16. We are delivered newspapers and journals every day about eight o’clock. = Каждый день около восьми часов нам доставляют газеты и журналы.
17. You will be told another chapter next time. = Вам расскажут еще одну главу с следующий раз.
18. We were told to come here by five o’clock. = Нам велели прийти сюда к пяти часам.
19. The children have been brought a basket of fruit. = Детям принесли корзину с фруктами.
20. Her brother were sent a letter last week. = Ее брату прислали письмо на прошлой неделе.
21. New students were told where to sit. = Новым студентам рассказали, где сидеть.
22. She was given a box of chocolate for her birthday. = Ей подарили коробку шоколада на ее день рождения.
23. I was promised a bicycle. = Мне обещали велосипед.
24. I was told the truth about the situation. = Мне рассказали правду об этой ситуации.
25. He will be paid for his work tomorrow. = Ему заплатят за эту работу завтра.
26. The newcomers were told to stand. = Новичкам велели встать.
27. Women are still denied the right to vote in some countries. = В некоторых странах женщинам еще отказывают в праве голосовать.
28. The student was asked a very difficult question. = Студенту задали очень трудный вопрос.
29. The visitors are told to wait outside. = Посетителям велели подождать снаружи.
30. The rest of us are asked to be there at eight o’clock. = Остальных из нас попросили быть там в восемь часов.
31. Ann was bought a new dress. = Анне купили новое платье.
32. He has been returned the book someone borrowed last week. = Ему вернули книгу , которую у него взяли неделю назад.
33. His mother was sent a telegram an hour ago. = Час назад его маме послали телеграмму.
34. She was offered to take part in the competition. = Ей предложили принять участие в соревнованиях.
35. My little son was promised a new ball. = Моему маленькому сыну пообещали новый мячик.
36. You will be sent your examination results in a week. = Вам пришлют результаты экзаменов через неделю.
37. The little girl was asked her name. = У маленькой девочки спросили, как ее зовут.
38. The children were allowed to go the cinema. = Детям разрешили пойти в кино.
39. We are being shown some pictures from the collection of the museum. = Нам сейчас показывают картины из коллекции этого музея.
40. Our friend was given a lot of interesting books for his birthday. = Нашему другу подарили много интересных книг на его день рождения.